Friday, August 1, 2014

Tropical Sunrise


I'm pretty excited about to do my first actual DIY nail post.  I love these and they are pretty easy to do, but look awesome!  I tried a new lighting system for my pictures, sorry if the color is a little off, it will be a learning experience for me.  Also if you have any suggestions on how to make my posts more helpful let me know! I have never been the blogging type. To do this mani I used a variety of polishes (I am not one to stick to just one brand).  As a basecoat I used Nail Tek's Intensive Therapy II.  The colors are Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow, Orly's La Vida Loca and Terracotta, OPI's Sheer Tint Top Coat- I'm Never Amberrassed, and my favorite- Essie's Good to Go top coat.


I started with a yellow base.


To get the sunrise look I used the gradient technique.  Paint the polish onto a sponge or a make up wedge then dab onto the nail.  You may have to do it two or three times to get the brightness you want.



My friend suggested to use Vaseline around my nail and said the polish comes right off.  I will try that next time.  Next I took the OPI sheer polish and painted it on the tip of my nail to make the orange and yellow more vibrant.  This step is optional.  


Next, use the black polish and a small brush to do the design.  Each nail can be different and this is your time to be creative!  Switch between palm trees, plants, and birds (or anything else you desire).


I take a second brush with nail polish remover to clean the edges around my nails and wah-lah!
You have a beautiful tropical sunset mani!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment