Friday, August 29, 2014

Polka Dot Flower Mani


Here is my how to for my polka dot flower mani.  It was inspired by an organizer I bought from Target and I have been starring at it for a few months thinking it would look really good on my nails.  It does!



For this mani I used Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II as a basecoat (as always).  For the background I used Ulta Bam-Blue-Zled and Essie Marshmallow.  For the leaves I used Black Poppy Jade Polish and Sinful Colors Innocent.  For the flower I used Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Coral Reef (my new favorite color, expect to see this again), Ulta Eye Popping Poppy, and Maybelline Color Show Onyx Rush.  As usual Essie Good to Go top coat.



Start out by painting all nails with the basecoat and Bam-Blue-Zled.  Take a medium dotting tool, or a  flat side of a toothpick would work to make off-white dots on all the nails.  


Use the jade to make two little triangles on each nail getting the flower, I did my middle finger and thumb.  Then use the brighter green for little accent lines.





Use a little brush to make petals, five for each with the coral reef.  Then use a brighter pink for accent lines on each petal to create some dimensions.  


Take the small doting tool to create some little dots in the middle of the flower.  



I am really happy with how it came out!!!! 


My left hand usually always looks so good and my right hand looks like it was done by a 4 year old, dang lack of coordination.  But I am pretty surprised at how good the thumb came out on my right hand!

If I do say so myself my nails matched the organizer pretty well.  I hope you agree.



No comments:

Post a Comment