Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bumble Bee



Happy Thursday! I love summer and its great for all of these nail designs.  My least favorite part is the bugs, but fortunately for them their nail designs look super cute.  In the spring I did a lady bug design that I loved!  


For this mani I used Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II for a basecoat, the yellow is Ulta's Sun-Sational, blacks is Utla's Little Black Dress, pink is Ulta's Eye Popping Poppy, white is China Glaze's White on White, and top coat is Essie's Good to Go.  For this you also need a small, medium, and large dotting tool, nail tape, and a sponge.


Start with the yellow on all nails. 
For the flower, I waned to practice first.  The benefit of having toes as well is that I can practice my designs there, plus I just got a pedicure!  To do the flower use the medium dotting tool and drag each petal towards the center of the flower. 



Do this 5 times and let it dry for a few seconds.  Take the large dotting tool and dot a fun color in the center of the flower.  I did pink, but I was debating to do that or purple. 


For the bee trail on the ring and middle fingers I used the smallest dotting tool.  Make small dashes in fun lines and swirls to make it look like the bee was flying all over.


Now the fun part... for the actual bee, cut strips of nail tape and place on pinky and thumb.  Make sure to leave space on both ends for face and stinger.  The wrap your fingers in scotch tape or painters tape for easy cleanup.

  
Apply the black tape to the sponge and gently dab onto both nails.  You may want to do two or three coats depending on how transparent the polish is. 



Gently remove the tape from your fingers and nails.  It is better to do this when the polish is wet.


Use the medium dotting tool to put two white eyes on each bee.  Then take the small dotting tool and use black to add pupils.  And now you have a beautiful bumble bee mani!


No comments:

Post a Comment