Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Nails


Welcome to my how to for pumpkin patch nails.  When I think of fall I think of...


I took this picture last Monday while apple picking on my day off! So why not celebrate that on my nails???


For this mani I used these colors.  Nail Tek Intensive Therpay II as a basecoat, OPI- You're so Vain-illa, China Glaze- Stoked to be Soaked, Ulta- Sun of a Gun, Revlon- POSH, Ulta- Soho Pretty, and Essie Good to Go Top Coat.


To start, I painted all of my nails with the You're so Vain-illa, but I changed my mind throughout this process.  You can leave the ring finger without it and just paint it with the green.




On the middle finger and thumb I did a pumpkin.  For this you take the polish brush and paint the lighter orange on the bottom half of the nail. With the brown, add a stem.  I just used the polish brush for this as well, nothing fancy.  For all of the details on this mani I used a toothpick.  So use the small end of the tooth pick for the details.  I added darker orange to out line the pumpkin and went over the stem in the same brown.  I also added a little leaf with the green that you can see in the first picture.


On the pinky and pointer finger I did some nice lines.  For this I thought it would be better to not do lines on the whole nail.  I used skinny nail tape, you can buy it on amazon or eBay for ridiculously cheap.  I thin k I got 10 rolls of nail tape for like $2. Place it on your nails to make 3 or 4 stripes.  I put a think line at the top as a buffer, because I tend to get messy.



Paint the stripes green.  While the polish is still wet take the tape off.  If you wait til it dries the paint will peel up, you can see this happened to my nail a little.  That's what I get when I am taking pictures in the sun, they dry too fast. 


Again take the small side of the toothpick and add dots with the darker orange. 

Once you paint your ring finger nail green, you are good to go!!!

Happy Fall!  The next couple posts will be Halloweeny, I'm excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment